Why should I use a Self-Serve Dog Wash?
1) CONVENIENCE AND VALUE! – We supply all the professional products, equipment, and advice you’ll need to have professional results at an affordable price and then WE TAKE CARE OF THE CLEAN-UP!
2) OUR TUBS! – Unlike washing at home or outside, our tubs are elevated so there is no aching back or sore knees from bending over your tub. You will have access to both sides of tub which makes it convenient to reach all angles of your furry pet.
3) OUR DRYERS! – We offer professional Forced-Air dryers which actually hyper-evaporates and sweeps the water from the coat. But the real benefit? Forced-Air dryers are also designed to blow the rest of the dead fur out! You’ll be amazed at how much cleaner your house will be by adding the “De-shed package” to your bath. The “De-shed package” includes a specially formulated de-shed shampoo, de-shed creme rinse solution, Our dryers are lukewarm air so they will not overheat your pet or dry out their skin.
4) PEACE OF MIND – Perhaps you have an elderly pet or one that may need special attention, gentleness or care due to health issues or behaviors (ie. separation anxiety). There are many reasons you may be hesitant to leave your companion in the care of strangers. You can get professional bathing results without the guilt, concern, or worry. A staff member is always close at hand for assistance.
5) FUN! FUN! FUN! – Get out of the house and do more stuff with your dog! Strengthen your bond. Our Self-Serve Dog Wash combines the practical bath with the healthy stimulation your pet needs and craves! We are open for fun year-round; warm in the winter, Air-conditioned in the summer!
6) Can I bring my own shampoo and tools?
Absolutely! We carry a variety of professional grade specialty shampoos, conditioners, rinses and medicated treatments but you are more than welcome to bring your own. We are an ideal facility for medicated baths that your Veterinarian may recommend. We strongly recommend you always bathe your pet with a product specifically made for them and not for humans.
8) How long will it take?
That all depends on your dog (size, coat, attitude, and health) and you. Most dogs can be done in an hour or less for a bath and blow dry. Using a conditioner/creme rinse, or the “De-shed solution” will require extra time for application, tool work, and rinsing.
9) How often can or should I bathe my pet?
Again, that all depends on your dog’s breed, their individual skin sensitivity, and the product you are using to cleanse. A general rule of thumb is every 4-8 weeks and only use products meant for pets. Our professional line of shampoos are specifically designed for frequent washing. They are Ph balanced for your pets skin and will not irritate or dry. To add moisture, consider using our Oatmeal shampoo and/or follow up your wash with one of our powerful moisturizing rinses.
MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT:
1) If your pet is “high energy”, try to release it before coming in. A good long walk, run, or some other form of vigorous exercise before arriving will help. Two or more people for the bath may be helpful and way more fun!!!
2) Make sure your pet has relieved themselves before getting in the car. Ooh, that warm water feels nice but the sudden urge to pee can spoil all the fun. Pet waste bags are available at the front counter.
3) Setting up the coat leads to great end results. Before you arrive, brush your pet thoroughly to loosen any dead fur, mats, or tangles. Water and bathing will only tighten the mats and set them in deeper.
4) Waterproof aprons are supplied but you may still get a little wet. Short sleeves are recommended. The floor gets wet so closed toed shoes with non-skid soles are best.
5) Bathtime is a great time to brush your dogs teeth. Pack a dog appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste. They are available for purchase or we can do that service for you for an additional fee.
6) Bathtime and forced-air blow drying are both ideal for giving your pet the “once-over”. Examine your pet for unusual lumps, bumps, and growths.
7) (We can’t think of anything more fun but) only you know the attention span of your children and grooming the dog may not be for everyone and every age. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
8) Cameras and videos are welcome. Feel free to upload a picture of your pet on Facebook (AnimalClipperMesa) and don't forget to like us on fb.
5251 E. Brown Road / Suite 101 / Mesa, AZ 85205